Monday, May 22, 2006

Live from New York, it's Bucky Turco!

God bless Bucky Turco, Animal's hilariously intrepid everywhere-you-look reporter-about-town. The dude is anyplace there's a story, from 2 a.m. during the transit strike to the bloody,mutilated Santa of Christmas past to slippy, slidey Snapple accidents to anything relating to grafitti. In short, Bucky is everywhere, and everywhere is better for it.

(Disclosure: I'm a big ol' Bucky fan - we bonded over email when I was at Fishbowl, as per those links above. Happy to laud his reportorial flair yet again.)

Anyhow, I am LOVING this pic because I am a big fan of the crack SNL women and get a kick of seeing themn out together - Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler and cute little Rachel Dratch peeking out next to Bucky's giant head. I learned the phrase "six ways to Sunday" from Rachel Dratch. See more of Bucky's pictures here. I should say, however, that this is in no way indicative of my having changed my position on Macs.

p.s. Here's Maya's mama, Minnie Ripperton, singing her classic "Lovin' You" (you know the la-la-la-la-la's and if you don't then I'm old). Also, here she is getting attacked by a lion.